Note: Mortgage rates are from MortgageNewsDaily.com and are for top tier scenarios.
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for January is scheduled to be released. The consensus is for a 1.5% increase in retail sales.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for February. The consensus is for a reading of -20.0, up from -32.9.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for January. The consensus is for a 0.5% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 79.1%.
• At 10:00 AM, The February NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 37, up from 35. Any number below 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as poor than good.