Note: Mortgage rates are from MortgageNewsDaily.com and are for top tier scenarios.
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• During the day: The AIA’s Architecture Billings Index for February (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. The FOMC is expected to raise the Fed Funds rate by 25bps at this meeting, although there is some uncertainty due to the bank issues.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Projections. This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants’ projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with updated economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.